Arthur; Bitzi’s Break-Up; Fernkenstein’s Monster
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Bitzi’s Break-Up; Fernkenstein’s Monster
- Program Number
801; 804; 110A, 110B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
801: Bitzi's Break-Up: Bitzi is breaking up with her boyfriend, and Buster is really sad. Harry is his favorite baseball buddy! Can Buster get them back together in time for the next game? And, more importantly, will Buster and Harry be able to stay friends?
804: Fernkenstein's Monster: Inspired by Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein," Fern tells a tale so scary that Arthur and the gang become afraid of her! Can Fern prove her skills as a writer, and create a different story that's fun instead of frightening?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Bitzi’s Break-Up; Fernkenstein’s Monster,” 08/13/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37AEACA5C0434278B456585215ED0DCB.
- MLA: “Arthur; Bitzi’s Break-Up; Fernkenstein’s Monster.” 08/13/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37AEACA5C0434278B456585215ED0DCB>.
- APA: Arthur; Bitzi’s Break-Up; Fernkenstein’s Monster. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_37AEACA5C0434278B456585215ED0DCB