Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The ABC Murders
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poirot, Series IV: The ABC Murders
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
In the first episode, Poirot is mystified to receive a strange letter signed by someone calling himself ABC. But when Mrs. Ascher of Andover is found murdered, with an ABC Rail Guide near by, the Belgian sleuth starts a manhunt through the alphabet. In the second episode, a murder in Bournemouth and one in Churston confirm that a mad ABC murderer is on the loose. Before the killer strikes again, family and friends of previous victims gather with Poirot to set a trap.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The ABC Murders,” 08/16/1992, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3794FFE80A7645B19BC49C1A60522262.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The ABC Murders.” 08/16/1992. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3794FFE80A7645B19BC49C1A60522262>.
- APA: Mystery!; Poirot, Series IV: The ABC Murders. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3794FFE80A7645B19BC49C1A60522262