Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Stanley Kunitz
Part of New Television Workshop.
NTW 1999 Preservation Dub Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Poetry Breaks
- Poetry Breaks II, Stanley Kunitz
- Series Description
2-5 minute filler programs with New England area writers reading their poetry. Poets include Martin Espada, Galway Kinnell, Sharon Olds. Series release date: 1988
- Program Description
Stanley Kunitz introduces and reads his poems in various settings at his Cape Cod home. Multiple takes of the following poems appear with and without copyright logo on the master tape: “The Long Boat” “Passing Through” “The Portrait” “My Sisters” “Day of Foreboding” “The Artist” “The Quarrel” excerpts from “Jerusalem” (by William Blake)
These and the following poems appear on the source tapes in various takes: “Snakes of September” “The Knot” “An Old Cracked Tune” “Route Six” “The Round” “The Scene” “The Summing-Up” “King of the River” “The Layers” “The Wellfleet Whale” excerpts from “Plebus” (by Socrates)
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Oral interpretation of poetry
- Poetry reading
- Performance in a Studio
- Luchetti, Leita Hagemann (Producer)
- Kunitz, Stanley, 1905-2006 ()
- Chicago: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Stanley Kunitz,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3727AF97FEBA48F481128C686576AD30.
- MLA: “Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Stanley Kunitz.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3727AF97FEBA48F481128C686576AD30>.
- APA: Poetry Breaks; Poetry Breaks II, Stanley Kunitz. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3727AF97FEBA48F481128C686576AD30