Ten O'Clock News; Orr scores
Bruins vs St. Louis Blues. Bobby Orr scores winning goal in sudden death overtime to gain Stanley Cup. Replay of the goal. Team celebrating. Blues and Bruins congratulating each other after game. Some dropout at the end of the tape.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- St. Louis Blues (Hockey team)
- Boston Garden (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston Bruins (Hockey team)
- Orr, Bobby, 1948-
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Orr scores,” 05/15/1970, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_36FCF3AE69824C4EA01089AD0D0F99E1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Orr scores.” 05/15/1970. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_36FCF3AE69824C4EA01089AD0D0F99E1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Orr scores. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_36FCF3AE69824C4EA01089AD0D0F99E1