Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School
South Boston High exterior. Parking space designated for press. Graffiti on street: “print the truth.” Two Boston police officers in front of school. Five school buses approach with lights blinking. Mostly black students stream off buses, go up steps to school entrance. Jerome Wynegar walks up. More buses arrive with black students. Long line of buses depart, descend hill. Students enter main hallway, walk through metal detector. Close-up on needle meter. Students in art class draw on large sheets of paper; teacher gives individual attention. Shots of empty classroom, with PA announcements being made in the background. Walking shot down dark hallway with lockers.
- Ten O'Clock News
South Boston High School
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Busing for school integration
- School buildings
- African American students
- South Boston (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Bullard, Pam (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School,” 06/08/1978, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_361AD63EEDEE426A82DD2701CAB38C3F.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School.” 06/08/1978. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_361AD63EEDEE426A82DD2701CAB38C3F>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; South Boston High School. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_361AD63EEDEE426A82DD2701CAB38C3F