Simply Ming; Sesame Tofu Caesar Dressing
Simply Ming SMMG221K1, Sesame Tofu Dressing, Captioned Master, 26:46, OLD OCEANSPRAY FUNDER DO NOT USE
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Sesame Tofu Caesar Dressing
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Stephen and Iris Tsai
Creamy Caesar salad has always been a favorite of Ming's. This delicious Sesame Tofu Caesar Dressing substitutes tofu for the raw egg emulsion used in the classic Caesar - it's simply a healthier option without sacrificing any of the rich, creamy texture of the original. Garlic, a key ingredient, stays, but it is cooked first for less "bite" and a sweeter, rounder flavor. The smooth luscious consistency makes it the perfect dressing for Asian Chicken Salad with Baby Hearts of Romaine, a delicious dipping sauce for Crusted Cod and Zucchini with Chips, and an inspired pasta sauce for fettuccine. Ming's parents (and favorite sous chefs), Stephen and Iris Tsai, join him in the studio to lend a hand in making a batch of his grandfather's tofu.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Sesame Tofu Caesar Dressing,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 27, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_35CFFE54E5E446848A6B6F5649802D85.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Sesame Tofu Caesar Dressing.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 27, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_35CFFE54E5E446848A6B6F5649802D85>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Sesame Tofu Caesar Dressing. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_35CFFE54E5E446848A6B6F5649802D85