Ten O'Clock News; Vietnamese fishermen
Vietnamese fishermen inaugurate their refurbished boat "Miss Liberty," which was banned two years ago for not having the proper equipment. Interview with one of the Vietnamese refugee fishermen,who formed a cooperative and bought a fully equipped boat that would not be in conflict with the lobster industry in the Boston Harbor. Michael and Kitty Dukakis congratulate them and their families on the Fish Pier. Michael Dukakis addresses the audience. Edited story is followed by b-roll of the fishermen and their families on the pier. Michael and Kitty Dukakis arriving at the event and talking with the fishermen. Vietnamese American woman welcomes audience to ceremony and thanks government officials who helped the cooperative. More of Dukakis's address.
- Ten O'Clock News
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Dukakis, Kitty
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933-
- Boston Harbor (Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Dukakis, Michael S. (Michael Stanley), 1933- (Speaker)
- Jones, Marcus (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Vietnamese fishermen,” 06/28/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 5, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_352BD34F0E574606AADFA23A959181BC.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Vietnamese fishermen.” 06/28/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 5, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_352BD34F0E574606AADFA23A959181BC>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Vietnamese fishermen. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_352BD34F0E574606AADFA23A959181BC