Simply Ming; Organic Ponzu and Jamon De Fermin
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Organic Ponzu and Jamon De Fermin
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Marco Canora During a recent trip to Spain, Ming fell in love with ham- and not just any ham, but the most luscious, silky ham he ever tasted—jamon iberico de Fermin. On today’s SIMPLY MING, Ming takes his new love and pairs it with an old favorite in his pantry- ponzu. That tangy citrus condiment from Japan heads to Europe to start today’s meal with Ming’s Fennel Salad on Jamon ‘Carpaccio’. A never fail dish that can work as both an appetizer or a side is next on the menu as Ming shows us his Jamon Wrapped Asparagus with Ponzu Syrup. Then, Ming takes his master duo on holiday to France with his Seared Jamon Wrapped Chicken Breast with Ponzu Glazed Melon de Cavaillion Finally, fellow fan of today’s master pair, Chef Marco Canora of Hearth Restaurant joins Ming’s dynamic duo in his Linguini with Ponzu Steamed Clams and Crispy Jamon.
Recipes Marco Canora's Linguini with Ponzu Steamed Clams and Crispy Jamon Seared Jamon Wrapped Chicken Breast with Ponzu Glazed Melon de Cavaillion Jamon Wrapped Asparagus with Ponzu Syrup Fennel Salad on Jamon ‘Carpaccio’
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Organic Ponzu and Jamon De Fermin,” 09/15/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_35158EB89E4A4F6A86BB8B0D7A8D01B5.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Organic Ponzu and Jamon De Fermin.” 09/15/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_35158EB89E4A4F6A86BB8B0D7A8D01B5>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Organic Ponzu and Jamon De Fermin. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_35158EB89E4A4F6A86BB8B0D7A8D01B5