Arthur; Chronicles of Buster, The; On This Spot
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Chronicles of Buster, The; On This Spot
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
"The Chronicles of Buster" Cookie Jar: 152B Buster is obsessed with the extended DVD version of the epic film "The Chronicles of Ahmayzzia," with 1001 hours of behind-the-scenes footage! In fact, he's so engrossed that he neglects his training for a class rock-climbing trip. After jeopardizing his relationship with best friend and climbing partner, Arthur, Buster finally learns that special effects can't take the place of hard work when conquering real mountains.
"On this Spot" Cookie Jar: 152A Arthur is thrilled to learn that Sitting Bull once passed through Elwood City! He rallies the residents to mark the spot of the legend's visit with a monument - but is dismayed when his friends care more about celebrity sightings than local history. Can Arthur get them to see the specialness of their city's spots?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Chronicles of Buster, The; On This Spot,” 08/18/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_34DF104252D745B1A819D8A55ECAB9AB.
- MLA: “Arthur; Chronicles of Buster, The; On This Spot.” 08/18/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_34DF104252D745B1A819D8A55ECAB9AB>.
- APA: Arthur; Chronicles of Buster, The; On This Spot. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_34DF104252D745B1A819D8A55ECAB9AB