Food Trip with Todd English; Nantucket: On The Waterfront
Todd English travels to Nantucket to discover this island and the food it has to offer. SD Base Revision 001
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- Nantucket: On The Waterfront
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 DRAWN TO THE SEA AND THAT FAMOUS ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF MASSACHUSETTS, TODD ENGLISH GOES FISHING FOR STRIPER AND LEARNS HOW TO HARVEST SWEET SCALLOPS IN NANTUCKET BAY. ALONG THE WAY, HE LEARNS TECHNIQUES FOR FILLETING FRESH FISH, GETS A TASTE OF A BLUEFISH CHEEK, OFFERS SUGGESTION ON HOW TO SHOP FOR AND PREPARE FRESH SEAFOOD, AND PARTICPATES IN AN AUTHENTIC BEACH CLAMBAKIE- AND STEALS SOME DOWN TIME TO EXPERIENSCE THE ISLAND’S BEACH AND VACATION CULTURE. BACK AT OLIVES, TODD CREATES A SIMPLE, DELICIOUS HOME VERSION OF THE ISLAND’S POPULAR CLAMBAKE.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; Nantucket: On The Waterfront,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 14, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_34D800599F2D4197ABBA2B7F1D5D5EC4.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; Nantucket: On The Waterfront.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 14, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_34D800599F2D4197ABBA2B7F1D5D5EC4>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; Nantucket: On The Waterfront. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_34D800599F2D4197ABBA2B7F1D5D5EC4