Ten O'Clock News; Brighton High School
Kim Reid , a student at Brighton High School, sits with a group of students in a classroom. The students talk about school activities and look at yearbooks while discussing a movie they saw on television. Another group of students in the classroom also look at yearbooks. This tape also includes footage of Reid exiting Brighton High School and boarding a school bus outside.
- Ten O'Clock News
Brighton High School
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- African American students
- School buildings
- Brighton (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Brighton High School,” 01/15/1985, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 11, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3463B06161324B24BBCF56E950A56E9B.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Brighton High School.” 01/15/1985. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 11, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3463B06161324B24BBCF56E950A56E9B>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Brighton High School. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3463B06161324B24BBCF56E950A56E9B