Arthur; Three’s A Crowd; A Is For Angry
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Three’s A Crowd; A Is For Angry
- Program Number
907; 123B; 121A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Three’s A CrowdPrunella's favorite time of day is early morning, when she and her Mom do yoga. So when her best friend Marina joins them, will Prunella feel that more is merrier or that three's a crowd? Can Prunella learn to share her Mom, or will she have to give up yoga forever!? A Is For Angry
When Arthur decides to take on The Brain at an all-school checkers competition, everyone rallies behind the underdog. That is until Arthur rejects all the fan support with a big "yowl." Will Arthur get his fan support back? Does he even want it back?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Three’s A Crowd; A Is For Angry,” 02/08/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 28, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_344102DB6D164A5880E45F99E2D876B3.
- MLA: “Arthur; Three’s A Crowd; A Is For Angry.” 02/08/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 28, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_344102DB6D164A5880E45F99E2D876B3>.
- APA: Arthur; Three’s A Crowd; A Is For Angry. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_344102DB6D164A5880E45F99E2D876B3