Ten O'Clock News; Proposed parking for Quincy Market
B-roll of the site of a proposed multilevel garage for Quincy Market, which is currently a parking lot between Haymarket and the Expressway. Close-ups on cars in the parking lot. Several takes of reporter standup on the Boston Redevelopment Authority's plans. Exteriors of Faneuil Hall before North Market was developed. Several takes of another portion of reporter standup.
- Ten O'Clock News
Proposed parking for Quincy Market
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- City planning
- Boston Redevelopment Authority
- Faneuil Hall (Boston, Mass.)
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Aitken (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Proposed parking for Quincy Market,” 03/24/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_343F66E9B9A3411E89A69EE34F7C27D1.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Proposed parking for Quincy Market.” 03/24/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_343F66E9B9A3411E89A69EE34F7C27D1>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Proposed parking for Quincy Market. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_343F66E9B9A3411E89A69EE34F7C27D1