Evening at Pops; Audra McDonald
Evening at Pops 1999 Audra McDonald
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Audra McDonald
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
For her EVENING AT POPS debut, McDonald will sing works of Harold Arlen, composer of popular American show tunes and musical scores (including “Over the Rainbow” and “Stormy Weather”), and introduce viewers to music of the up-and-coming Broadway composers featured on her hit CD, Way Back to Paradise.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Audra McDonald,” 06/02/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 22, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3432D6D10BF74F5281D6EF40251DE08A.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Audra McDonald.” 06/02/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 22, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3432D6D10BF74F5281D6EF40251DE08A>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Audra McDonald. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3432D6D10BF74F5281D6EF40251DE08A