Ten O'Clock News; Langton on Gardner theft
Interview with mystery writer Jane Langton on art theft at Gardner Museum, which somewhat parallels one of her novels. B-roll follows of interiors of Gardner Museum and planted atrium. Guards, antique furniture, tapestries, paintings. Police line. Museum employee discussing investigation in the background while filming b-roll.
- Ten O'Clock News
Langton on Gardner theft
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Langton, Jane, 1922-
- Art museums
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
- Boston (Mass.)
- News Report
- Langton, Jane, 1922- (Interviewee)
- Kelly, Hope (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Langton on Gardner theft,” 03/19/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 20, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_33FB6DB331F248A1B6C15D1AA1AF5DA3.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Langton on Gardner theft.” 03/19/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 20, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_33FB6DB331F248A1B6C15D1AA1AF5DA3>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Langton on Gardner theft. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_33FB6DB331F248A1B6C15D1AA1AF5DA3