Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 123
EE Master- No Captions
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow FYI
- Antiques Roadshow FYI 123
- Program Number
- Series Description
Fans of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW have wrestled with these weighty questions since the hit PBS series debuted eight years ago. Beginning Wednesday, January 19, 2005 the producers of ANTIQUES ROADSHOW proudly present this brand-new weekly series of 26 half-hour programs, revealing the answers to What happens to the stuff after the owners leave the convention hall? ... Where can I get the best deals? ... What are the hot collectibles right now? ... What do the appraisers collect? and more!
Hosted by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's Lara Spencer with correspondent Clay Reynolds, ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI is the perfect complement to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW — a digest that gives viewers tools to enrich and improve their own treasure hunts. A cross-country excursion with stops in America's top antiques shows and auctions. Candid conversations and trade secrets from ROADSHOW experts. Unsolved mysteries surrounding stolen works of art and surprising updates on treasures from past ROADSHOW episodes. Series release date: 1/19/2005
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW FYI updates viewers on the fate of the G. Gaul painting appraised at the ROADSHOW Savannah, Georgia event for $15,000 to $25,000. Then, discover how conservators restore old paintings to their original glory when FYI correspondent Clay Reynolds pays a visit to painting restorer Judith Tartt. Along the Missouri River in Kansas City, FYI steps back in time to 1856 and the wreck of the steamboat Arabia, discovered by salvagers in 1987. Now the basis for a museum, the Arabia's cargo provides a well-preserved snapshot of mid-nineteenth-century life. Finally, FYI revisits one of the biggest art heists in recent memory, Boston's Gardner Museum theft of 1990, with interviews of museum staff and the FBI.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 123,” 07/27/2005, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_33B6B8452AF040F2A504CE329E9BF445.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 123.” 07/27/2005. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_33B6B8452AF040F2A504CE329E9BF445>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow FYI; Antiques Roadshow FYI 123. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_33B6B8452AF040F2A504CE329E9BF445