Arthur; Francine’s Big Top Trouble; George Blows His Top
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Francine’s Big Top Trouble; George Blows His Top
- Program Number
902; 117B; 116B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See individual titles for additional assets.
Francine’s Big Top Trouble
Francine is sure she will be a star at circus camp. Since Catherine did so well there, how hard could it be? Well, very hard, it turns out. Will Francine ever get the hang of tumbling? And, more importantly, will she ever step out of her sister's shadow?
George Blows His Top
George is always more than happy to lend his pals -- especially Buster -- whatever they need. But when Buster's borrowing gets out of control, will George risk their friendship to say enough is enough?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Francine’s Big Top Trouble; George Blows His Top,” 11/09/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3352939E7072459C9BA64E0AAE806A8D.
- MLA: “Arthur; Francine’s Big Top Trouble; George Blows His Top.” 11/09/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3352939E7072459C9BA64E0AAE806A8D>.
- APA: Arthur; Francine’s Big Top Trouble; George Blows His Top. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_3352939E7072459C9BA64E0AAE806A8D