Arthur; Arthur’s Underwear; Francine Frensky, Olympic Rider
WGBH EE Master
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Arthur’s Underwear; Francine Frensky, Olympic Rider
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur's Underwear: Arthur thinks it's hilarious when Binky Barnes' pants split during class--until he starts having nightmares about it happening to him. Could there be anything worse than having people see your underwear? Arthur hopes he never finds out.
Francine Frensky, Olympic Rider: All her life, Francine has dreamed of owning a horse. In her secret heart, she wants to be an Olympic equestrienne, but first she has to learn to ride. Francine's dream threatens to derail when it turns out her prissy sister Catherine is a way better rider! Can Francine stand the humiliation of being second-best?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur’s Underwear; Francine Frensky, Olympic Rider,” 09/27/1997, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 9, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_331ECEAC37FF4E038A8F3B1F390932A4.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur’s Underwear; Francine Frensky, Olympic Rider.” 09/27/1997. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 9, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_331ECEAC37FF4E038A8F3B1F390932A4>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur’s Underwear; Francine Frensky, Olympic Rider. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_331ECEAC37FF4E038A8F3B1F390932A4