Degrassi Talks; Sexuality
Playing With Time Inc. Non-Commercial Version
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Degrassi Talks
- Program Number
- Series Description
Broadcast in 1992. After the "School's Out" film some of the Degrassi actors took part in an educational documentary named Degrassi Talks. There are six talks, each devoted to a specific subject and hosted by one of the actors. The topics include Abuse, Alcohol, Depression, Drugs, Sex, and Sexuality. Each episode is hosted by an actor. AmandaStepto hosts the Sex talk, Neil Hope discusses Alcohol, Rebecca Haines discusses Abuse, Pat Mastroianni hosts the Depression talk, Siluck Saysanasay hosts the drugs talk, and Stacie Mistysyn hosts the sexuality talk. Series release date: 1992
- Program Description
For Stacie Mistysyn, host of the Degrassi Talks TV documentary on sexuality, questioning kids about sexuality was fun. "I like putting people on the spot and getting them to be honest and up front about their sexuality - trying to convince them that a lot of what we're talking about is normal and [something] not to be embarrassed about."
But dealing with their sexuality is not always fun for everybody - perhaps least of all for the one out of ten teenagers who discovers that he or she is homosexual. Kim Mistysyn, Stacie's sister, was one.
Stacie Mistysyn is the veteran of the Degrassi kids, with five years playing Lisa on The Kids of Degrassi Street and five more years as Caitlin on Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- CBC Television (Series Producer)
- Playing For Time Inc. (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Degrassi Talks; Sexuality,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 26, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_32C7A7747EA54E00852AFE8BD4AF455D.
- MLA: “Degrassi Talks; Sexuality.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 26, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_32C7A7747EA54E00852AFE8BD4AF455D>.
- APA: Degrassi Talks; Sexuality. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_32C7A7747EA54E00852AFE8BD4AF455D