Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Theater Music Of Leonard Bernstein, A
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Tribute To The Theater Music Of Leonard Bernstein, A
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
A tribute to the theatre music of Leonard Bernstein, hosted by Beatrice Arthur. John Williams and the Boston Pops are joined by soloist June Anderson and a cast of Broadway singers and dancers. Music will include excerpts from "West Side Story," "Candide," "Wonderful Town," and "On the Town."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Theater Music Of Leonard Bernstein, A,” 06/13/1991, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_31B3DB0E172743779109FD516A8AF215.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Theater Music Of Leonard Bernstein, A.” 06/13/1991. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_31B3DB0E172743779109FD516A8AF215>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Tribute To The Theater Music Of Leonard Bernstein, A. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_31B3DB0E172743779109FD516A8AF215