Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self
Reel 1 of 2
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered in 1980 -- offshoot of MASTERPIECE THEATRE. Showcase for the best of British drama in the mystery genre. Current producer, Rebecca Eaton. See individual episode titles for more information. Host: 1980: Gene Shalit; 1981-1989: Vincent Price; 1989-present: Diana Rigg Series release date: 1980
- Program Description
An Englishwoman is attending an expensive psychotherapy course near Vicenza, Italy, when she dies in what the Italian authorities deem a freak accident. But at the British inquest, the woman's husband questions the decision. To the delight of Morse -- and the dismay of Lewis -- the two detectives are sent to Italy to make inquiries. It looks like a lengthy stay when Morse finds out the psychotherapy center is run by an old adversary.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Eaton, Rebecca (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 22, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_315B3DA5B7394073AAD53083BB726D60.
- MLA: “Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 22, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_315B3DA5B7394073AAD53083BB726D60>.
- APA: Mystery!; Inspector Morse, Series VIII: The Death of the Self. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_315B3DA5B7394073AAD53083BB726D60