Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp’s Flight Program; Mirror, Mirror in the Dump
includes two PEEP stories and one POCOYO interstitial. As broadcast on APT.
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Peep And The Big Wide World
- Chirp’s Flight Program; Mirror, Mirror in the Dump
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered April of 2004 on The Learning Channel And Discovery Kids Channel. The animated series PEEP and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old. Set in and around a pond, a bush, and a tin can, the show follows a newly hatched chicken named Peep, and his friends Chirp and Quack (a robin and a duck), on their daily adventures. Each half-hour episode contains two stories which highlight specific science concepts, plus two live-action shorts presenting real kids playing and experimenting with these concepts in their own big wide worlds.
Narrated by award-winning comedienne Joan Cusack. Series release date: 4/2004
- Program Description
NOTE: Rebroadcast as Program 222 CHIRP’S FLIGHT PROGRAM CHIRP’S FLYING PRACTICE REALLY TAKES OFF WHEN SHE DECIDES TO COPY WHAT OTHER BIRDS DO.
INTERSTITIAL: GLIDERS CAN FLY WELL DEPENDING ON HOW YOU THROW THEM. THE KIDS HAVE FUN WATCHING HOW TOY PLANES AND HELICOPTERS FLY - AND HOW THEY DON'T FLY. "HAVE FUN WATCHING HOW DIFFERENT FLYING TOYS CAN FLY."
MIRROR, MIRROR IN THE DUMP THE BIRDS FIND A MIRROR AND QUACK FALLS IN LOVE WITH HIMSELF, ALL OVER AGAIN.
INTERSTITIAL: MIRRORS OFFER SOME INTERESTING WAYS OF SEEING. THE KIDS NOTICE HOW A MIRROR MAKES THINGS LOOK BACKWARDS. THEY ALSO LEARN TO SEE AROUND CORNERS AND CREATE THE ILLUSION OF INFINITE SPACE. "TRY LOOKING AT THINGS DIFFERENTLY BY USING MIRRORS."
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- WGBH (Series Producer)
- Nine Story Entertainment (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp’s Flight Program; Mirror, Mirror in the Dump,” 08/01/2011, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 28, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30D86E4D09014745A3116BD6FFAD99E4.
- MLA: “Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp’s Flight Program; Mirror, Mirror in the Dump.” 08/01/2011. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 28, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30D86E4D09014745A3116BD6FFAD99E4>.
- APA: Peep And The Big Wide World; Chirp’s Flight Program; Mirror, Mirror in the Dump. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30D86E4D09014745A3116BD6FFAD99E4