Arthur; Castles In The Sky; George Blows His Top
Castles In The Sky & No More Mr. Nice Guy WGBH Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Castles In The Sky; George Blows His Top
- Program Number
901; 902; 116A;116B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
901: Castles in the Sky: The gang is devastated after their tree house collapses. It was the best place to hang out in the whole world! Can architect Frank Gehry get them to agree on a new design and help them to rebuild?
902: George Blows His Top: George is always more than happy to lend his pals -- especially Buster -- whatever they need. But when Buster's borrowing gets out of control, will George risk their friendship to say enough is enough?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Castles In The Sky; George Blows His Top,” 09/13/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30D83C1A2E054663999A16E931EEDCC3.
- MLA: “Arthur; Castles In The Sky; George Blows His Top.” 09/13/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30D83C1A2E054663999A16E931EEDCC3>.
- APA: Arthur; Castles In The Sky; George Blows His Top. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30D83C1A2E054663999A16E931EEDCC3