Arthur; Flaw And Order; Fern and Persimmony Glitchet
Beta SP - Split Track Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Flaw And Order; Fern and Persimmony Glitchet
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Season X (10): 1002 and 1005 See Also Individual Program Titles for Additional Assets. Broadcast: 2006
1005: Flaw and Order: Who's responsible for cracking Dad's cake platter? DUN-DUN! All the evidence points to Arthur! DUN-DUN! Or does it? DUN-DUN! With Buster's help, Arthur sets out to clear his name -- and figure out what keeps making that mysterious yet familiar "DUN-DUN!" sound.
1002: Fern & Persimmony Glitchet: Fern's story about perfect Felicity Bonchance is thought perfectly boring by her friends, so Fern seeks advice from Persimmony Glitchet, the mysterious and elusive author of the book series, Horrendously Horrible Happenings. With Mr. Glitchet's help, Fern learns that creativity, imagination, and hard work -- not sugar and spice -- are the real ingredients for a good tale.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Flaw And Order; Fern and Persimmony Glitchet,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30C004B67C6940788C5B3845D0BC5F77.
- MLA: “Arthur; Flaw And Order; Fern and Persimmony Glitchet.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30C004B67C6940788C5B3845D0BC5F77>.
- APA: Arthur; Flaw And Order; Fern and Persimmony Glitchet. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30C004B67C6940788C5B3845D0BC5F77