Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Evol; Mike Kelley in Evol
Part of New Television Workshop.
Video artist Tony Oursler's "Evol," is a series of sketches in which performers interact with painted, sculptural sets. All the skits are loose commentaries on relationships, love, and sexuality. This short excerpt features Mike Kelley in a sketch featuring a strange x-ray machine and enlarged bones. Approximate date: 1985
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund
Mike Kelley in Evol
- Series Description
Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund -- WGBH's collaboration with the Institute Of Contemporary Art (ICA) -- offers a co-venture among TV producers from seven countries, each seeking to capture the spirit of a specific environment. Titles include: O PANAMA: a video by James Benning and Burt Barr evoking the mental landscape of a sick man confined to his apartment; TIME CODE; L'IMAGE; STORM AND STRESS; SOLOS, DUETS AND PIZZA: Three dance videos: "Rotary Action", a duet featuring Bill T. Jones and Arnie Zane; "Watermotor for Dancer and Camera", with Trisha Brown, and "From and Island Summer", with Karole Armitage; SET & RESET (#4) VERSION 1: Choreographer Trisha Brown performs to music by Laurie Anderson in this video dance piece DAMNATION OF FAUST: story of Marguerite of the Faust legend; MORE TV STORIES: satirizing the relationship between people and their TVs; NEW ENGLAND FISHERMEN - Joan Logue's brief vignettes of fishermen. Series release date: 1985
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Oursler, Tony
- Film and Television
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Evol; Mike Kelley in Evol,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30B3FF58E4294343BA99FE9D962C95C4.
- MLA: “Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Evol; Mike Kelley in Evol.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30B3FF58E4294343BA99FE9D962C95C4>.
- APA: Contemporary Art Television (CAT) Fund; Evol; Mike Kelley in Evol. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30B3FF58E4294343BA99FE9D962C95C4