Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High School
Audio goes in and out. Boston police cars and police officers stationed on the street outside of Hyde Park High School. School buses arrive escorted by police cruiser with flashing lights. Ambulance waiting in parking lot. African American students exit the school and board buses. White Hyde Park residents watch the action on the street. A white student tells the camera crew that a fight broke out in the school. Police and media are gathered outside of the school. Hyde Park environs, with snow covering the ground. Shot of the side of the Channel 2 news van.
- Ten O'Clock News
Hyde Park High School
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- School buildings
- Boston (Mass.). Police Dept.
- African American students
- Busing for school integration
- Hyde Park (Boston, Mass.)
- News Report
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High School,” 02/10/1977, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 20, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30603632449C415EAFD1234CB2E4ED5D.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High School.” 02/10/1977. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 20, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30603632449C415EAFD1234CB2E4ED5D>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Hyde Park High School. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_30603632449C415EAFD1234CB2E4ED5D