Arthur; Cast Away; Great Sock Mystery, The
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Cast Away; Great Sock Mystery, The
- Program Number
701; 97B; 98B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
"Cast Away" Arthur is thrilled when Dad invites him to go fly-fishing for the weekend. Finally -- an escape from D.W.! But when a change in plans forces them to include her, Arthur's had enough. Does D.W. always have to get her own way?
"The Great Sock Mystery" Ever wonder where all those missing socks go? One minute they're in the laundry basket, and the next ... poof! ... they've vanished! Find out once and for all when Baby Kate and Pal -- and some of their furry friends -- team up to solve the great sock mystery.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Cast Away; Great Sock Mystery, The,” 08/26/2002, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 17, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2FB80DEC2C6845A9A7A8CA246EA7E442.
- MLA: “Arthur; Cast Away; Great Sock Mystery, The.” 08/26/2002. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 17, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2FB80DEC2C6845A9A7A8CA246EA7E442>.
- APA: Arthur; Cast Away; Great Sock Mystery, The. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2FB80DEC2C6845A9A7A8CA246EA7E442