Arthur; Silent Treatment; Kung Fool
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Silent Treatment; Kung Fool
- Program Number
1302; 153B; 163A
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual Titles for Additional Assets.
Silent Treatment, 153B When quiet, shy George wonders if any of his friends really notice him, he has a great idea. He's not going to speak to anyone until they notice! Well when they do in fact notice he's been feeling sad, they decide to throw him a surprise party to make him feel special. But it backfires, when they need to avoid him to plan the party!
Kung Fool, 163A Fern volunteers to help an elderly neighbor, Tony Wu, with his household chores, and then discovers his past life as a Kung Fu celebrity. Suddenly she imagines herself as his student – and soon, she will be a Kung Fu master herself! But will Fern be disappointed to learn that dish cleaning and laundry folding are not really part of some special martial arts training? Or can she learn a valuable lesson in acceptance and friendship?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Silent Treatment; Kung Fool,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2F9D9D45B9054C9592E9FB78054B2F3E.
- MLA: “Arthur; Silent Treatment; Kung Fool.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2F9D9D45B9054C9592E9FB78054B2F3E>.
- APA: Arthur; Silent Treatment; Kung Fool. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2F9D9D45B9054C9592E9FB78054B2F3E