Martha Speaks; Opera Contest, The; Maestro Martha
MSPE 306 PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Opera Contest, The; Maestro Martha
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
The Opera Contest Ken Scarborough An opera contest! Sounds boring! But before you know it, the kids have cooked up their own ideas of what an opera should be. Vocabulary (E) opera, soprano, bass, quartet, accomplish (I) scene, rhyme, costume, stage, prop(s)
Maestro Martha Ron Holsey Bad guys Pablum and Weaselgraft have a plan to turn a charity concert into a heist by using the power of music. Very strange music. Can Martha turn down the volume on their evil scheming before it’s too late? Vocabulary (E) orchestra, symphony, conduct(or)(ing), percussion, composition (I) trumpet, string, maestro, gong, usher
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Opera Contest, The; Maestro Martha,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 18, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2F3ADA0DA6A7452098D5C41D8329BC19.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Opera Contest, The; Maestro Martha.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 18, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2F3ADA0DA6A7452098D5C41D8329BC19>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Opera Contest, The; Maestro Martha. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2F3ADA0DA6A7452098D5C41D8329BC19