Simply Ming; Organic Rice Vinegar and Honey
Base Revision 001 Uncaptioned 16:9 anamorphic NG
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Organic Rice Vinegar and Honey
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
803: Organic Rice Vinegar & Honey Guest Chef: Sheila & Marilyn Brass Saturday October 23 You’ve heard the saying, “you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar” Well, forget the flies—you can catch anything if you combine the two of them, because then you get a wonderful, light sweet and sour sauce, especially if you use Asian rice vinegar, as Ming does when he cooks up his Best Ever Baby Back Ribs with Honey-Sesame Glaze, a light Honey Grilled Shrimp with Corn and Jicama Salad, and finally an appetizer that is sure to please, his Sesame Tempura Cod with Honey-Vinegar Dipping Sauce. Then, joining Ming will be the James Beard nominated queens of comfort food, Marilyn and Sheila Brass, who will use today’s master pair in their Chicken and Mango Salad with Toasted Cashews.
Recipes Honey Grilled Shrimp with Corn and Jicama Salad Best Ever Baby Back Ribs with Honey-Sesame Glaze
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Organic Rice Vinegar and Honey,” 09/09/2010, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed April 25, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EFDD71DAC674696AE26181F50CF7E5A.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Organic Rice Vinegar and Honey.” 09/09/2010. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. April 25, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EFDD71DAC674696AE26181F50CF7E5A>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Organic Rice Vinegar and Honey. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EFDD71DAC674696AE26181F50CF7E5A