Arthur; Hic or Treat; Mr. Alwaysright
DTO (download-to-own) Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Hic or Treat; Mr. Alwaysright
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Broadcast in 2007 See Individual Titles for additional assets.
Hic or Treat D.W. gets a case of the hiccups that just won't go away. No matter how much advice she gets from Arthur and his friends, she just can't find the right cure. (Well, at least her Halloween costume as "Hiccup Girl" is all set...) Will D.W. ever get relief - or will she have the hiccups for the rest of her life and set the world record?
Mr. Alwaysright It seems that Brain is always right about everything and it's really starting to get on Buster's nerves. But Buster is convinced that someday Brain will make a mistake - and when he does, Buster will be waiting. But is friendship really about being right or wrong?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Hic or Treat; Mr. Alwaysright,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed May 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EEF9B84869C4F26AFB45463FB4F7AA6.
- MLA: “Arthur; Hic or Treat; Mr. Alwaysright.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. May 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EEF9B84869C4F26AFB45463FB4F7AA6>.
- APA: Arthur; Hic or Treat; Mr. Alwaysright. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EEF9B84869C4F26AFB45463FB4F7AA6