Ten O'Clock News; Joe Kennedy on Baltic states
Lithuanian singer performs. Rep. Joe Kennedy speaks with visiting Lithuanian singers about political changes in Baltic states. Interview with Kennedy on the responsibility of the United States to help countries emerging from Soviet control. Footage of Gorbachev speaking to crowd.
- Ten O'Clock News
Joe Kennedy on Baltic states
- Series Description
NIGHTLY NEWS WITH CHRISTOPHER LYDON AND CARMEN FIELDS Began January 1976. Replaced evening news show EVENING COMPASS. Original host: Steve Nevas. Other anchors, Christopher Lydon (1977-91) and Gail Harris (1983). In 1980 - hour long. Ended in 1991.
(PREDECESSORS: Louis Lyons began news operations at WGBH in 1952. The News at 10 began in 1966. The Reporters premiered in 1970. The Evening Compass started in 1974.) Series release date: 1/1976
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- International relations
- Soviet Union
- Baltic States
- Gorbachev, Mikhail
- Kennedy, Joseph P. (Joseph Patrick), 1952-
- News Report
- Gorbachev, Mikhail (Speaker)
- Kennedy, Joseph P. (Joseph Patrick), 1952- (Interviewee)
- Vaillancourt, Meg (Reporter)
- Chicago: “Ten O'Clock News; Joe Kennedy on Baltic states,” 01/29/1990, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EE5618792EF48ADA44A054852C06C66.
- MLA: “Ten O'Clock News; Joe Kennedy on Baltic states.” 01/29/1990. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EE5618792EF48ADA44A054852C06C66>.
- APA: Ten O'Clock News; Joe Kennedy on Baltic states. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2EE5618792EF48ADA44A054852C06C66