Boston Symphony Orchestra in Peking
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Boston Symphony Orchestra in Peking
- Program Description
Taped during their final triumphal concert in Peking in March 1979, the program includes the Overture to Verdi’s La forza del destino; Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto (with BSO Concertmaster Joseph Silverstein, violin); Kuo’s Concerto for pipa and orchestra (with Lui Teh-hai, pipa); and the Sympony no. 5 in c, op. 67 by Beethoven, performed by the combined forces of the BSO and the Central Peking Philharmonic, all under the baton of Music Director Seiji Ozawa.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Chicago: “Boston Symphony Orchestra in Peking,” 05/24/1979, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 9, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E9BE7DCD2124C8AAFCEBB66ACDD5903.
- MLA: “Boston Symphony Orchestra in Peking.” 05/24/1979. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 9, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E9BE7DCD2124C8AAFCEBB66ACDD5903>.
- APA: Boston Symphony Orchestra in Peking. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E9BE7DCD2124C8AAFCEBB66ACDD5903