La Plaza; Boston, Wednesday Night: The Night I Met Vicky
LP Program 1811 Boston, Wednesday Night.. The Night I Met Vicky
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- La Plaza
- Boston, Wednesday Night: The Night I Met Vicky
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered January 10, 1979- Officially La Plaza as a separate series title ended after season 28 (2006). It was replaced by the interview series: Maria Hinojosa: One-on-One which premiered in 2007.
Producer Raquel Ortiz anticipates that the bilingual series will serve as a plaza for the entire local Latino community. Ortiz also served as the host during the first season along with guest hosts. The program format varied from week to week, between musical specials, documentaries, in-studio debates, both locally produced and acquired. Spanish language programs were subtitled in English and English language programs were captioned in Spanish.
See January 1979 Prime Time Program Guide for cover story. Series release date: 1/10/1979
- Program Description
Wednesday nights are when Boston’s Latino gay and lesbian community comes together to celebrate their common bonds at a disco known as “Chaps”. Spend a short time with a group of courageous members of this community, where friendships and love are intensified by the fragility of time.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Ortiz, Raquel (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “La Plaza; Boston, Wednesday Night: The Night I Met Vicky,” 10/10/1996, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E78FBA18CA9448FB5185A1158387134.
- MLA: “La Plaza; Boston, Wednesday Night: The Night I Met Vicky.” 10/10/1996. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E78FBA18CA9448FB5185A1158387134>.
- APA: La Plaza; Boston, Wednesday Night: The Night I Met Vicky. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E78FBA18CA9448FB5185A1158387134