Arthur; Prunella’s Prediction; 1001 Dads
Tr. 1-2 Full Mix Stereo, Tr. 3 SFX Mono, Tr. 4 Dialogue Mono
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prunella’s Prediction; 1001 Dads
- Program Number
72A - 72B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
1001 Dads: When Buster cheerfully insists that he will miss the Father's Day picnic because he has other plans, Arthur is convinced that he's really sad about his parents' divorce and embarrassed to show up alone. Can Arthur and the gang find Buster a new dad in time for the picnic?
Prunella's Prediction: When Rubella's tarot cards foresee the delivery of a special birthday present, Prunella predicts a gift of... flashpants, the hottest new fashion. When she gets a watch instead, Prunella can't bear to face the others, particularly since Muffy will be wearing them to the big skating party.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Prunella’s Prediction; 1001 Dads,” 09/02/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 21, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E77FA9613084F9788D507FC115F7A15.
- MLA: “Arthur; Prunella’s Prediction; 1001 Dads.” 09/02/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 21, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E77FA9613084F9788D507FC115F7A15>.
- APA: Arthur; Prunella’s Prediction; 1001 Dads. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E77FA9613084F9788D507FC115F7A15