Martha Speaks; Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!; Martha and Truman Get Lost
MSPE 117 SOM 01;00;00;00 EOM 01;28;45;28 DUR 28;46 Media Operations Center PBS
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!; Martha and Truman Get Lost
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Doesn’t Speak Monkey Professor Monkey is coming to town to promote his craft books with co–author Beppo. But his directions to the bookstore end up under Bob the dog's fiercely guarded porch. Can Martha help Professor Monkey find the bookstore before Beppo turns in her banana suit?
Vocabulary: (E) directions, retrieves, instructions, follow, lead
(I) inside, behind, under, on top, in front, find
Martha and Truman Get Lost Truman needs Martha to help him find something he lost at Dog Head Lake. The only problem is he won't tell Martha what they're looking for because he's too embarrassed. After getting lost deep in the forest and coming face–to–face with his fears, Truman learns a valuable lesson about himself and his . . . whatsit.
Vocabulary: (E) track, trail, misplace, locate, search
(I) lost, found, missing, near, far, around
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!; Martha and Truman Get Lost,” 11/17/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 23, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E6322D0371C4EA09A5B51605494E62D.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!; Martha and Truman Get Lost.” 11/17/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 23, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E6322D0371C4EA09A5B51605494E62D>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Doesn't Speak Monkey!; Martha and Truman Get Lost. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E6322D0371C4EA09A5B51605494E62D