Arthur; Arthur And The Big Riddle; Double Dare
CC/ DVS Master
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Arthur And The Big Riddle; Double Dare
- Program Number
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
Arthur and the Big Riddle: Alex Trebek lends his voice as Alex Lebek -- host of the cool new game show, RiddleQuest -- in this episode which poses the age-old riddle... is winning really everything?
Double Dare: What if your friends dared you to skip homework -- and then double dared you to skip school?! Find out what happens when Arthur's wish to play hooky becomes a group pact... and the plan goes not quite as expected.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Arthur And The Big Riddle; Double Dare,” 09/08/2000, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 6, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E5F394824FA48079492BE783384BFD7.
- MLA: “Arthur; Arthur And The Big Riddle; Double Dare.” 09/08/2000. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 6, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E5F394824FA48079492BE783384BFD7>.
- APA: Arthur; Arthur And The Big Riddle; Double Dare. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E5F394824FA48079492BE783384BFD7