Simply Ming; Thai Curry Paste/ Buttermilk
Thai Curry Paste and Buttermilk with Tom Douglas Anamorphic
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Thai Curry Paste/ Buttermilk
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Guest Chef: Tom Douglas
The heat of Thai curry paste is paired with rich buttermilk in four East-West recipes for this week’s serving of SIMPLY MING. Chef Ming Tsai makes Thai Curried Cockles and Orzo, a simple one pot meal that includes clams and sausage – a well-loved combination in the east and west. Then, Ming makes Thai Curry Noodles and Crab, a delicious wok stirred all-in-one meal! Next, Ming gives a southern favorite a twist when he creates Thai Curry Fried Chicken. Guest chef Tom Douglas, chef/owner of Dahlia Lounge in Seattle , visits the studio kitchen and uses the East-West combination to make Mac and Cheese Salad with Red Curry Buttermilk Dressing.
Thai Curried Cockles and Orzo
Thai Curry Noodles and Crab
Thai Curry Fried Chicken
Tom Douglas's Mac and Cheese Salad with Red Curry Buttermilk Dressing
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Thai Curry Paste/ Buttermilk,” 06/03/2008, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 19, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E48C77B43B3475881644CCB23733EC8.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Thai Curry Paste/ Buttermilk.” 06/03/2008. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 19, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E48C77B43B3475881644CCB23733EC8>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Thai Curry Paste/ Buttermilk. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E48C77B43B3475881644CCB23733EC8