Arthur; Thanks A Lot, Binky; D.W., Dancing Queen
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Thanks A Lot, Binky; D.W., Dancing Queen
- Program Number
802; 804; 107A, 107B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
802: Thanks a Lot, Binky: Binky decides to become "No More Mr. Nice Guy" after not getting thanked for saving Rattles from a dangerous stunt. After all, if he's not going to be appreciated, why bother doing any good deeds? But then he's shown what life would be like without any acts of kindness...
804: D.W., Dancing Queen: Binky decides to teach D.W. to dance, but she just doesn't seem to get the moves. Is D.W. a no-talent klutz? Or is it Binky's teaching that needs practice?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Thanks A Lot, Binky; D.W., Dancing Queen,” 07/02/2003, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed January 16, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E40A012F861461D94F7E16F7C61EE19.
- MLA: “Arthur; Thanks A Lot, Binky; D.W., Dancing Queen.” 07/02/2003. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. January 16, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E40A012F861461D94F7E16F7C61EE19>.
- APA: Arthur; Thanks A Lot, Binky; D.W., Dancing Queen. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E40A012F861461D94F7E16F7C61EE19