Antiques Roadshow; Hartford, CT
Hour One ( 1 ) EE Master with Stereo Sound
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Hartford, CT
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
315: ANTIQUES ROADSHOW specialists are in Hartford, Connecticut,to look at antique games and toys, Native American crafts,paintings, furniture, and historic documents. Host Chris Jussel visits the Wadsworth Atheneum,the oldest public museum in America and home to some of the best collections of Americana. Collectors from around New England gather at the Hartford Civic Center with a wide array of rare antiques and collectibles, including a lovely Besse Pease Guttman oil painting dated 1915 and a unique Majolica fountain valued at $30,000 to $50,000.
316: Hartford, Connecticut, welcomes ANTIQUES ROADSHOW appraisers to inspect art glass, clocks, silver and musical instruments. Chris Jussel travels to the Mark Twain House where the author moved with his family in 1874. More than just a workplace for Twain, the house was an architectural and designer's showplace, featuring a doorway from a Scottish castle, a beautifully carved bed from Venice, and other items gathered from around the globe. At the Hartford Civic Center, appraisers uncover some exciting finds, including an exquisite Tiffany vase valued at $30,000 to $40,000 and an extensive collection of Fiestaware featuring many hard-to-find colors.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Hartford, CT,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 5, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E2C1C8FB58F43C7AD8BB4BB50B9D1D9.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Hartford, CT.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 5, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E2C1C8FB58F43C7AD8BB4BB50B9D1D9>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Hartford, CT. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E2C1C8FB58F43C7AD8BB4BB50B9D1D9