Martha Speaks; Martha Walks the Dog; Martha’s Got Talent
MSPE 111 (HD) 3470
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Martha Speaks
- Martha Walks the Dog; Martha’s Got Talent
- Program Number
- Series Description
Premiered September 1, 2008
"Martha Speaks" is an animated series that is designed to enrich the vocabulary of 4- to 7-year-olds. The series is based on the classic books by Susan Meddaugh that have charmed and captivated millions of children. Each episode uses Martha's unique linguistic abilities and the hilarious consequences to engage kids and help build their vocabulary skills.
In each Martha Speaks episode, the characters use special words throughout the show. Explicit words, marked with (E), are defined by one of the characters on the show. Implicit words, marked with (I), are used on the show but not defined.
Produced with Studio B Productions, Inc. Series release date: 9/1/2008
- Program Description
Martha Walks the Dog There's a new dog in town and, boy, is he mean! He barks so much that nobody can sleep. Helen and Martha decide they have to do something. They try steak, squeaky toys, soothing music, but nothing calms the beast within. Then unexpectedly Ronald's parrot reveals the power of a few well-chosen words.
Vocabulary: (E) annoy, beware, insult, pleasant, unpleasant
(I) bully, mean, loud, tough, naughty
Martha’s Got Talent Weaselgraft just can't get Martha off his mind. He must have her. Maybe he can tempt her into his clutches with some well-placed praise and a lifetime supply of bones. He invites her to a talent show, and Martha tells the gang. TD, Truman, and Carolina are game, but they aren't the kind of game Weaselgraft was hoping to catch. Based on the book.
Vocabulary: (E) coax, compliment, flatter, tempt, praise
(I) tongue twister, care, friendly, practice, treat
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Barss, Karen (Series Producer)
- Sullivan, Brigid (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Martha Speaks; Martha Walks the Dog; Martha’s Got Talent,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed October 23, 2016, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E0CE620819A422D9D8371A63DDB0A9B.
- MLA: “Martha Speaks; Martha Walks the Dog; Martha’s Got Talent.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. October 23, 2016. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E0CE620819A422D9D8371A63DDB0A9B>.
- APA: Martha Speaks; Martha Walks the Dog; Martha’s Got Talent. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2E0CE620819A422D9D8371A63DDB0A9B