Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Foreign Aid and Economic Policy
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt
- Foreign Aid and Economic Policy
- Program Number
- Series Description
Roundtable discussion of foreign and domestic affairs featuring leading political, academic, and journalistic experts. Series was hosted by Eleanor Roosevelt and was filmed on location at Brandies University. Series release date: 1959
- Program Description
Guests: Madame Vijay Lakshmi Pandit, India's High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and sister of Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru (NOTE: Madame Pandit withdrew from program and was replaced by Rajendra Coomaraswamy, Delegate from Ceylon to the United Nations and former President of the Colombo Plan Council) ; John Kenneth Galbraith, professor of economics at Harvard University, author of The Affluent Society; Dr. Arthur Lewis, Deputy Director of the United Nations Special Fund and former president of University College of the British West Indies and advisor to Prime Minister Nkrumah of Ghana.
Recorded by WGBH from the Brandeis University campus in Waltham, MA, on Sunday afternoon, November 29, 1959.
Sir Velupillai Coomaraswamy, C.M.G., Ceylon's High Commissioner in Ottawa, Canada and a representative of the Ceylonese delegation to the U.N. ?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Talk Show
- Public Affairs
- Chicago: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Foreign Aid and Economic Policy,” GBH Archives, accessed November 27, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2DF6C67E45334E17B93A645A42FD204B.
- MLA: “Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Foreign Aid and Economic Policy.” GBH Archives. Web. November 27, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2DF6C67E45334E17B93A645A42FD204B>.
- APA: Prospects of Mankind with Eleanor Roosevelt; Foreign Aid and Economic Policy. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2DF6C67E45334E17B93A645A42FD204B