Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Greatest Finds
EE Master-Compilation: Finds-814K1
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Antiques Roadshow
- Antiques Roadshow Greatest Finds
- Program Number
- Series Description
ROADSHOW is part adventure, part history lesson, part treasure hunt. Specialists from the country's leading auction houses and independent dealers from across the nation, travel throughout the United States offering free appraisals of antiques and collectibles. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW cameras watch as owners recount tales of family heirlooms, yard sale bargains and long-neglected items salvaged from attics and basements, while experts reveal the fascinating truth about these finds. Series hosT 100-400: Chris Jussel; Series hosT 5-600: Dan Elias. Series release date: 1997
- Program Description
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's "Greatest Finds" showcases the absolute cream of the crop — objects whose rarity, quality, and value are unsurpassed among the more than half-million items evaluated at ROADSHOW appraisal events over our first eight years. Unforgettable finds include a long-overlooked Navajo blanket valued at $350,000 to $500,000; an 18th-century demi-lune table bought at a yard sale for $25 and estimated to be worth $200,000 to $300,000; and an heirloom solid gold-handled sword presented to a U.S. general by the President, valued at $200.000.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Moreno, Aida (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Greatest Finds,” 05/03/2004, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2DAE8B7529874CF5A057CC4749720F53.
- MLA: “Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Greatest Finds.” 05/03/2004. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2DAE8B7529874CF5A057CC4749720F53>.
- APA: Antiques Roadshow; Antiques Roadshow Greatest Finds. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2DAE8B7529874CF5A057CC4749720F53