Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Building Comprehension
Show #3 Building Comprehension Protectiion Master-Work for hire Copyright Annenberg Media 2006
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop
- Building Comprehension
- Program Number
- Series Description
Completed in 2005 This video workshop with auxiliary classroom videos will show intermediate elementary teachers how to help their students transition from “learning to read” to “reading to learn.” Eight half-hour workshop video programs feature leading experts who discuss current research on learning to read and teaching a diverse range of students. The research is illustrated by clips from real classroom lessons, allowing teachers to better understand and apply the research in their own classes. Series release date: 2005
- Program Description
Comprehending text is one of the main goals of reading. In this session, literacy expert Nell Duke discusses what good readers do and strategies teachers can use to help students build comprehension skills. Classroom footage provides examples of comprehension strategies.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Browne, John (Series Producer)
- Lawman, Kelly (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Building Comprehension,” 03/06/2006, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 21, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CF82FE12A92414FAD042DB094B8653E.
- MLA: “Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Building Comprehension.” 03/06/2006. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 21, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CF82FE12A92414FAD042DB094B8653E>.
- APA: Teaching Reading 3-5: Workshop; Building Comprehension. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CF82FE12A92414FAD042DB094B8653E