Evening at Pops; Jason Alexander And Airto Moreira
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Evening at Pops
- Jason Alexander And Airto Moreira
- Program Number
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Jason Alexander, the irrepressible TV star and veteran Broadway performer, offers up a not-to-be-missed one-man variety show. Jazz percussionist Airto Moreira rounds out the evening with arresting excerpts from composer Pat Hollenbeck's "Pela a Floresta," an original piece commissioned by the Boston Pops Orchestra. Keith Lockhart conducts.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Jason Alexander And Airto Moreira,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed December 12, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CECFB4754524B108E4B07CBF53A6C5C.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Jason Alexander And Airto Moreira.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. December 12, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CECFB4754524B108E4B07CBF53A6C5C>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Jason Alexander And Airto Moreira. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CECFB4754524B108E4B07CBF53A6C5C