Food Trip with Todd English; India: Old and New Delhi
India: Old and New Delhi SD Base
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Food Trip with Todd English
- India: Old and New Delhi
- Program Number
- Series Description
Saturdays, beginning January 13, 2007
Todd English: chef, author, restaurateur, entrepreneur, explorer, food tripper. He is among America’s culinary royalty, but just where does he get the inspiration for new dishes, new menus, or new restaurants? To find out, join the chef on Food Trip with Todd English, thirteen half-hour episodes premiering on WGBH 2 on Saturday, January 13, 2007, as he shares his talent and taste for reinventing traditional cooking. “I get a lot of ideas from traveling around the country and the world,” says English. “Cooking is often an interpretation of one’s experience and one’s knowledge. Food Trip with Todd English is the kind of television program that will show how people and places inspire me—and how public television viewers can also be motivated to get back into their kitchens and create their own inspired dishes.”
During his travels at home and abroad, Todd explores a different dish or culinary tradition, drawing inspiration for new recipes from each locale's native cuisine and ingredients. Series release date: 1/13/2007
- Program Description
Join Todd English in his travels to India where he chats with the locals about their favorite snack; chaat. Elevated sub continental delights are in store, as well as a look at fine high altitude dining. Snake charmers, rickshaw drivers and restaurateurs complete a cast of thousands, as Todd learns about tandoor cooking, parantha, and all kinds of kebabs. A visit to the ancient spice market, the Paan Bazaar, and the best meal in Chowdni Chowk insure that Todd returns to his own kitchen at Olives in Boston with plenty of new ideas from Old Delhi.
Recipes: Tandoori Lobster with Yellow Corn Curry
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Donnelly, Laurie (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Food Trip with Todd English; India: Old and New Delhi,” 05/26/2009, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed February 25, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CC010A340934AB6AA9632F789C69703.
- MLA: “Food Trip with Todd English; India: Old and New Delhi.” 05/26/2009. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. February 25, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CC010A340934AB6AA9632F789C69703>.
- APA: Food Trip with Todd English; India: Old and New Delhi. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2CC010A340934AB6AA9632F789C69703