Arthur; Agent of Change, The; D.W. Unties the Knot
WGBH Master Agent of Change, 174A D.W. Unties the Knot, 174B
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Agent of Change, The; D.W. Unties the Knot
- Program Number
1402; 174A; 174B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
See Individual titles for additional assets.
Agent of Change, 174A The latest animated hit in movie theaters about a boy and his truck has left Muffy and Francine disappointed. Why doesn’t there seem to be any cool female characters on screen? So with the help of a very talented artist, Molly, the “Group of Three” set out to make their own movie!
Educational Objective: Muffy, Francine, and Molly learn about the process of making an animated movie. They learn also learn how to work together as a team full of different opinions.
D.W. Unties the Knot, 174B After watching “The Wedding Channel,” D.W. wants to get married! And, having no idea what this really means, she starts planning herself the biggest unicorn wedding imaginable. But D.W. soon realizes that she’s getting more than she bargained for. Can she back out in time?
Educational Objective: D.W. learns to tell the truth when her lie keeps getting bigger (and more expensive) by the minute.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Agent of Change, The; D.W. Unties the Knot,” WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 24, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C9BA3524A2F4D3B86791BAE38751639.
- MLA: “Arthur; Agent of Change, The; D.W. Unties the Knot.” WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 24, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C9BA3524A2F4D3B86791BAE38751639>.
- APA: Arthur; Agent of Change, The; D.W. Unties the Knot. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C9BA3524A2F4D3B86791BAE38751639