Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Sauce
Simply Ming Norman Van Aken - Pan Sauce SD Upconvert
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Simply Ming
- Cooking on the Fly: Pan Sauce
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ironically, Americans tend to complicate their lives in an effort to simplify them. In SIMPLY MING, chef Ming Tsai helps make the yearning for a more manageable lifestyle a reality. Tsai, experienced in classical French, new American and Pan-Asian cuisine, first introduced viewers to his unique blend of global culinary traditions in his Food Network series, East Meets West With Ming Tsai. In this new series for public television, Tsai provides a repertoire of very simple recipes which viewers can integrate into numerous dishes. Each of his flavor-packed sauces, salsas, pastes, rubs, stocks, syrups and doughs consists of fewer than seven ingredients, and each requires no more than 20 minutes to prepare. Guest include Martin Yan, Todd English, Jody Adams, Gordon Hamersley, Jasper White and others. 2004. Series release date: 2004
- Program Description
Pan Sauces with Guest Chef Norman Van Aken
Front and center on this week’s episode of Simply Ming are Pan Sauces – an easy way to use what’s right in your pan to create great flavor. Joining Ming in the kitchen to demonstrate this indispensable culinary technique is Chef Norman Van Aken. Together they cook on the fly using surprise ingredients and Ming’s East-West pantry to create: Pan Seared Steak, Beet Salad and Hash Browns and Pork Chop, Kimchee-Kale Pan Sauce and Sweet Potato Cake.
Recipes Chili Pork Chop with Kimchee Kale Pan Sauce and Jicama Pear Salsa Pan Sauce Norman Van Aken's Pan-Seared New York Strip Steak with Roasted Beet Salad
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Finkel, Hilary (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Sauce,” 10/30/2012, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed November 21, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C8392770C484170B8A64539B161B15B.
- MLA: “Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Sauce.” 10/30/2012. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. November 21, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C8392770C484170B8A64539B161B15B>.
- APA: Simply Ming; Cooking on the Fly: Pan Sauce. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C8392770C484170B8A64539B161B15B