Arthur; Prove It!; To Beat or Not to Beat
Tr. 1-2 Full Mix Stereo, Tr. 3 SFX Mono, Tr. 4 Dialogue Mono
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Prove It!; To Beat or Not to Beat
- Program Number
71A - 71B
- Series Description
Each of the Arthur episodes consists of two independent stories that focus on themes and events central to children's lives. Whether it's facing down a bully, worrying about a new teacher, or being the very last person on earth to lose his baby teeth, Arthur and his friends manage to solve their third-grade dilemmas with imagination, kindness and a lot of humor. "What children love about Arthur is that he feels real to them," says Carol Greenwald, WGBH executive producer. "The emotions he experiences are universal. When Arthur triumphs over something, kids think they can, too. "The series will build on that sense of empowerment by showing how Arthur and his friends use effective, age-appropriate, problem-solving skills. Bringing a book-based series like Arthur to public television will also promote reading and writing skills. Series release date: 10/1996
- Program Description
404: Prove It: Look out world, D.W. has discovered science! But D.W.'s new-found passion proves that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Can Arthur get D.W. to the Exploratorium before she convinces all the kids that the sky is blue because brown and green were already taken?
407: To Beat or Not To Beat: There's a horrible racket in Elwood City. Is it a sewer sucking machine? A turbo bug extermination device? No, it's Francine practicing her singing and drumming for the Talent Show! Should Arthur and the gang tell Francine that her act's a sure loser? How can they save their friend from certain humiliation... but save their friendship, too?
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Social Issues
- Greenwald, Carol (Series Producer)
- CINAR (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Arthur; Prove It!; To Beat or Not to Beat,” 08/30/1999, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed June 23, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C5C8716F8CD496A9EC1CAE7785D0D34.
- MLA: “Arthur; Prove It!; To Beat or Not to Beat.” 08/30/1999. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. June 23, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C5C8716F8CD496A9EC1CAE7785D0D34>.
- APA: Arthur; Prove It!; To Beat or Not to Beat. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C5C8716F8CD496A9EC1CAE7785D0D34