Evening at Pops; Holly Jolly Pops Holiday With The Barenaked Ladies
SD Base Revision 001
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Evening at Pops
- Holly Jolly Pops Holiday With The Barenaked Ladies
- Series Description
Taped shows of the Boston Pops. First telecast on WGBH in June 1957; Arthur Fiedler conducting at MIT Kresge Auditorium. Premiered nationally July 5, 1970, performances at Symphony Hall. Series release date: 1970
- Program Description
Get into the spirit of the holiday season with conductor Keith Lockhart, the Boston Pops Orchestra, and special guests the Barenaked Ladies. The irreverent hitmakers put their own special twist on seasonal tunes, including "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen," "Three Ships," and "Green Christmas." Lockhart and the orchestra perform perennial Pops holiday favorites "Gloria," "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing," "White Christmas," "We Wish You a Merry Christmas," and "Sleigh Ride."
The program is produced in association with WBZ Boston and the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and distributed by American Public Television.
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance for a Live Audience
- Dangel, Susan (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Evening at Pops; Holly Jolly Pops Holiday With The Barenaked Ladies,” 12/23/2007, GBH Archives, accessed December 1, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C576E3042E44EF8A288A0C83184B614.
- MLA: “Evening at Pops; Holly Jolly Pops Holiday With The Barenaked Ladies.” 12/23/2007. GBH Archives. Web. December 1, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C576E3042E44EF8A288A0C83184B614>.
- APA: Evening at Pops; Holly Jolly Pops Holiday With The Barenaked Ladies. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/V_2C576E3042E44EF8A288A0C83184B614